- 4 pieces of sliced bread – whatever kind and thickness desired – we used Ezeikiel (2 slices cut in strips)
- 3 Tbsp approximately of soft butter or margarine for buttering bread
- 2 eggs gently beaten
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup for garnish and serving
- In a bowl, gently beat together two eggs, a sprinkle of salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Butter both sides of bread slices and cut into strips.
- Dredge each strip in the egg mixture and arrange in Air fryer (you will have to cook in batches).
- Set air fryer for 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Flip halfway and spritz cooking spray on top of the other sides of strips. You can always continue to cook until finished to your liking.
- When the egg is cooked and bread is golden brown, remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
- To garnish and serve use maple syrup, jam/jelly of your choice, butter, or enjoy as is!