- 9-12 cups Dried Cubed French Bread
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 8 TB Butter (1 Stick)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 TB Vanilla
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Qt Pyrex Bowl
- Cointreau Sauce
- Put milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave, or on stove, until butter melts
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to eggs and whisk together
- Add cooled milk and butter mixture to eggs slowly while whisking together until sugar dissolves
- Add dried bread to pyrex bowl until full
- Add custard mix to bread until bread is thoroughly soaked
- Push bread mix down and add additional bread as necessary until bowl is nearly full (add additional custard mix to bread if necessary).
- Let bread soak in custard mix for 10 minutes.
- Place pyrex in air fryer basket.
- Place basket in air fryer and cook at 270° for 60 minutes.
- Allow bread pudding to cool (the top will begin to sink).
- Serve with Cointreau sauce.
Cointreau Sauce for Bread Pudding
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ cup Cointreau
- Add butter, sugar and egg to a sauce pan.
- Heat over low heat stirring constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon – do not allow to simmer.
- Whisk in Cointreau slowly to taste.
- Allow to cool slightly, and serve over bread pudding.